Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Swoon Block #1

I finished my first Swoon block and I love it! 



I've been a follower of Angela at Fussy Cut for a while now, and after seeing the progression of all her beautiful blocks I couldn't resist buying Camille Rosskelley's pattern myself.  I really enjoyed making this block because I knew it would turn out pretty, and the directions were easy to follow.  It was fun to put a big puzzle together.

The yellow and pink fabric is from Joanne's and Hancock, and the background fabric is Kona Ivory.  I had never made flying geese before and I had some issues when I tried to take a shortcut but everything still turned out nicely.  I purchased the entire amount of the background fabric at once because I didn't want to get mismatched colors from different bolts, but the fat quarters I am going to buy 2 at a time 
A.  because I can't afford to buy 18 FQ's at once and
B.  It will give me plenty of reasons to visit the fabric store. :^)

I already have some olive and turquoise fabric cut up ready to go for my next block, which I am about to go get started on.

Here is a shot of my son on the rainbow zigzag quilt I made him.  I love the black & white stripe binding, it really makes the quilt.  And of course the lil nugget sitting on top makes it all come together pretty sweetly!



Thanks for reading,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment