Sunday, November 27, 2011

November Finishes pt. II

The next WIP I knocked out is a super sweet girly quilt.  Another gift for a niece.  It was made using Children at Play fabric and stack n' whack boxes from Allison's awesome tutorial at Cluck Cluck Sew.  Her blog is one of the first I ever found and one of my top favorites. 
This fabric makes me wish I had a girl so I could keep the quilt.  It's soooooo pretty and sweet!  I have to say this might be my most favorite quilt I've made yet.  I went with simple straight line quilting.






And last but not least, I cranked out a pillow while my honey was away hunting this weekend.  It was my 1st time making cording but it wasn't bad and I am so proud of how it came out.  I used this tutorial on Fat Quarterly.  I do have an Accuquilt Go! Baby but I do not have the tumbler die so I used leftover plexiglass to make myself a cutting template.  Worked great and I kept money in my pocket.  Can't beat that!
The fabric is the Rendezvous collection by Khristian A. Howell for Anthology.  Along with trying the cording for the 1st time, I also included an invisible zipper.  The video tutorials by this guy were super helpful!





That is all for now.  I was in a sewing mood and glad I got a lot of projects completed.  Now I can cut into some new stuff !  Thanks for reading.

1 comment: