Monday, February 13, 2012

Progress and a bonus

I managed to get a block done and a little extra.  It was a nice relaxing weekend here at home.  It was our first weekend alone as a family since the baby arrived.  Dad kept an eye on the boys while I got some much enjoyed sewing time.  It felt good to get another Swoon block completed.
 

This is what I have so far.  Only 6 more to go!



I also finished a granny square block.  I love the quilt over at Blue Elephant Stitches.  I have wanted to make a granny square quilt ever since I found this one at my man's home in West Virginia.  It is really old and heavy, and you can tell it was hand pieced.  I love the simplicity of it and the scrappiness was done out of necessity not for fun.





Finding the tutorial and seeing all the great blocks on Flickr, I couldn't resist making at least one.


and baby says I'm done at the computer ;^)
Thanks for the very sweet comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment