Friday, July 6, 2012

Curves without pins

A while back I tried sewing up some drunkards path blocks with the help of my Curve Master foot.  I had never sewn them before and I figured I didn't really have to learn because this foot would do all the work for me.  Uh yeah, not so much.  On that project I had so many mangled blocks, and I was unhappy with my color selection, so I just quit.  Now, a couple of months later I figured I'm a bit better at sewing so let me try again.  Some blocks came together for me but, most of them were just terrible messes.  I spent more time unpicking seams.  Then I remembered finding this helpful post at She Can Quilt.  I figured I have nothing to lose, if anything I will end up using a lot of pins.  I did exactly as she said and it worked awesome!  Sewing these teeny drunkards path blocks with no pins was so simple.  No special foot, no pins whatsoever.  If you haven't tried it you should give it a go, it's surprisingly easy.


Here is the new project in the works:
some fabric choices

Getting ready to roll





the layout




trimmed, pressed and waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment