Monday, January 9, 2012

Recent Works

I have managed to do some sewing here and there.  With the baby coming I feel rushed, like I'm on a deadline to get certain things done.  Most importantly, his quilt.  I have it quilted, all I am waiting on is the binding fabric in the mail.  It's been lost by the USPS in Detroit somewhere for over a week.  Very frustrating.  Here is a peek:



I pieced the back from FQ's in the collection that I didn't use.  I love it so far and really want to get it finished.  Hopefully my fabric arrives before the baby does.

I made a flannel bunting for the baby too.  Sabra from Sew A Straight Line inspired me to figure out the free pattern from this Japanese blog to make one.  It wasn't too bad to figure out from the photos on the other pages.  I just hope it fits.


And last, I made some more awesome Baprons from the free pattern at Craftiness Is Not Optional.  These girly themed ones are gifts for my niece and one of my BF's daughter.  Once you get in the groove, they come together pretty fast.  My favorite is the green polka dot with rainbow trim.  That bias tape reminds me of candy!






I've joined the Swoon Along set up by Katy of I'm A Ginger Monkey.  Here is the link to the Flickr group.  I had been saving my Peacock Lane bundle especially for this pattern.  Everytime I imagine what the quilt will look like I get so excited!  I guess this is a sign that I should get started.  There is a lot of sewing ahead of me though.  I am going to start with ironing and starching, and then I will cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment