Monday, June 11, 2012

A doll, a bag, and binding


This is the Greta Doll I sewed up for a little girl who turned one.  I used Retro Mama's great pattern.







I am in the process of sewing up another one for my niece who is turning two.  It is a very easy pattern to follow.  She also offers a separate pattern to make dresses for the dolls.

I was given a secondhand GPS, which came with no bag to hold all the wires and stuff.  I figured it was the perfect opportunity to try Jeni's drawstring bag tutorial.  Since I have a bunch of leftover Peacock Lane fabric I used that.  I love it!


And then there is still Swoon.  I finished the quilting and binding weeks ago and then took a break from it again.  Just this Friday night I finally sat down and began hand sewing the binding.  I just have to be in the right mood to mess with it.  It will be done eventually.


1 comment:

  1. Love the drawstring bag - and your Swoon is going to be gorgeous. Peacock Lane was one of the ranges I thought of using to make one also.

    ReplyDelete